Insurance is a contract between you and your Insurance Company, and it is your responsibility to make sure that our providers participate with your insurance company. All insurance deductibles and co-pays will be collected at the time of service. If we are non-participating with your insurance plan, you will be responsible for payment in full at the time of service.
If a referral is needed it is the responsibility of the patient to ensure that their Primary Care Doctor provides one. Failure to do so could result in higher out-of-pocket expenses to the patient. If we are out of network with your insurance, we, will collect office fee on the day of your appointment and then file your claim with the insurance for your reimbursement, if applicable.
Our office will provide you with the necessary claim form to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. You will need to bring your insurance card, driver's license and any co-pay or deductible that will you be responsible for at the time of service. Additionally, all cosmetic and laser treatments and procedures are not covered by insurance and must be paid in full at the time of service. For your convenience, we accept cash, check, and most credit cards.
We accept the following plans: However, patients should always check with their insurance carriers to see if we are in-network or if a referral is needed to see a specialist. Please note that plan name/benefit often change each year.
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield -We do not accept Anthem HealthKeepers
- Aetna (No QHP Plans or Better Health of VA Plans)
- Tricare Standard and Tricare for Life- We do not accept Tricare Prime
- Everence Financial (termed 1/1/14) *Small Groups
- Gateway Health Alliance-*Ennis Printing
- Humana – Humana Medicare-*Medicare Advantage Plans- We do not accept HMO plans
- Piedmont Community Healthcare, Inc-* All Groups
- Virginia Health Network
We DO NOT ACCEPT the following plans:
- United Healthcare
- Anthem HealthKeepers
- Medicaid plans (No plans), VA Premier, Optima Family, Medallion
- Humana Commercial Plans, HMO Plans
- Humana Gold Plus-Commonwealth Coordinated Care Plans
- First Health
- Tricare Prime